Direct And Indirect Exercise For Class 7
Change the following sentences in direct speech to indirect speech.
1. He said to me, ‘I have never seen such a brilliant boy as you are.’
2. The boy said to the girl, ‘I like your frock.’
3. Raju said, ‘I will go to Mumbai if my parents give me permission.’
4. ‘If you want to buy a car, I can lend you some money,’ my dad said to me.
5. ‘I am looking for my cat,’ she said.
6. My uncle told me, ‘I will buy you a bicycle.’
7. ‘I am quitting,’ she says.
8. ‘I want to try on the shirt before I buy it,’ the customer said.
9. ‘You must change your wet clothes,’ mother told me.
10. ‘We needn’t inform her,’ he said.
11. He told me, ‘I will prove that you are wrong.’
12. ‘I will call you as soon as I receive any information about them,’ he told me.
1. He told me that he had never seen such a brilliant boy as I was.
2. The boy told the girl that he liked her frock.
3. Raju said that he would go to Mumbai if his parents gave him permission.
4. My dad told me that if I wanted to buy a car, he could lend me some money.
5. She said that she was looking for her cat.
6. My uncle told me that he would buy me a bicycle.
7. She says that she is quitting.
8. The customer said that he wanted to try on the shirt before he bought it.
9. Mother told me that I had to change my wet clothes. / Mother told me to change my wet clothes.
10. He said that they didn’t need to inform her.
11. He told me that he would prove that I was wrong.
12. He told me that he would call me as soon as he received any information about them.