NTSE Preparation | Social Studies Question Bank
Preparing for NTSE examination? Here are some expected questions on social studies and economics. NTSE has a wide syllabus that covers a variety of subjects.
NTSE SAT Preparation (Social Studies) | Quiz 3
1. Which one of the following was launched with the objective of helping the poor in rural areas to become self employed?
2. In Indian economy, the principal means of transportation is
3. Which of the following organizations looks after the credit needs of agriculture and rural development in India?
4. Which of the following estimates the National Income in India?
a) Central Statistical Organization
b) National Income Committee
c) Planning commission
d) Reserve Bank of India
5. In India which of the following taxes is levied by the state governments?
a) Excise duty on liquor
b) Capital gains tax
c) Customs tax
d) corporation tax
6. Which industry employs the largest number of women in India?
7. Which of the following is not a cash crop?
8. An economy is at the ‘take off’ stage on its path to development when it
a) becomes stagnant
b) begins steady growth
c) is liberalized
d) gets maximum foreign aid
9. Which among the following treaties provided for a common currency for the member countries of European Community?
a) Brussels Treaty
b) Geneva Convention
c) Maastricht Treaty
d) Treaty of Versailles
10. SEBI stands for
a) Science and Engineering Board of India
b) Securities and Exchange Board of India
c) Social Equity Bureau of India
d) Science and Educational Board of India
11. With which of the following lies the basic regulatory authority for mutual funds and stock markets?
a) Reserve bank of India
b) Government of India
d) Stock Exchanges
12. With which aspect of commerce are ‘Bulls and Bears’ associated?
a) Foreign Trade
b) Stock Exchange market
d) international finance
13. Which of the following is the basic characteristic of Oligopoly?
a) a few sellers, one buyer
b) a few sellers, many buyers
c) a few sellers, a few buyers
d) many sellers, few buyers
14. State Financial Corporations give assistance mainly to develop
a) small and medium scale industries
b) agricultural farms
c) cotton industry
d) large scale industries
15. In which of the following fields was the first co-operative movement in India initiated?
a) agricultural credit
b) farming activities
c) consumer co-operation
d) agricultural marketing
4. Central Statistical Organization
5. Excise duty on liquor
8. begins steady growth
9. Mastricht Treaty
10. Securities and Exchange Board of India
12. Stock Exchange market
13. a few sellers, many buyers
14. small and medium scale industries
15. agricultural credit