NTSE GK Question Bank For SAT | India Facts File
Here is a collection of expected questions on India, its culture, history, economy and politics. This question bank is prepared for students preparing for SAT of NTSE.
NTSE Preparation | India Facts File Quiz 1
1. Which of the following is the first country in the world to introduce a family planning policy?
2. Which state has the highest density of population according to the 2001 census?
b) West Bengal
c) Uttar Pradesh
3. The first Five Year Plan was launched in
4. In India, the first railway train steamed off in April, 1853 between
a) Agra to Mathura
b) Bombay to Thane
c) Delhi to Meerut
d) Howrah to Burdwan
5. Production unit at which of the following places manufactures wheels and axles for Indian railway?
a) Chittaranjan near Calcutta
b) Perambur near Madras
d) Yelehanka, near Bangalore
6. Production unit at which of the following places manufactures Diesel locomotives for Indian railway?
7. Which production unit undertakes the manufacture of the bulk of passenger service vehicles for Indian railway?
8. At which of the following places is the headquarters of the research, designs and standards organization of the Indian railways located?
9. At which of the following places is the Indian railways Institute of Advanced Track technology for training of civil engineers located?
10. At which of the following places is the Railway staff college located?
11. Which is the biggest sea port of India which also has a natural harbour?
b) Calcutta – Haldia
12. The Jawaharlal Nehru Port is in
13. In terms of size, the Indian Railways occupy what position in the world?
b) Second largest
c) Third largest
d) Fourth largest
14. In which year was railway introduced in India?
15. Which railway zone has the maximum route kilometrage in India?
a) Central railway
b) Northern railway
c) Southern railway
d) Konkan railway
16. Which railway zone conducts service through the maximum number of states?
a) Northern railway
b) Western railway
c) Central railway
d) Southern railway
17. Which is the oldest Indian news agency?
c) Samachar Bharti
d) Hindustan Samachar
18. In terms of size of population, what position India occupies in the world?
19. Under the control of which ministry does the Border Roads Organization function?
c) Surface transport
d) Urban development
20. Which of the following is the largest circulated daily in India?
a) Malayala Manorama
b) Times of India
c) Hindustan Times
21. In which language is the largest number of newspapers published in India?
22. Which of the following is the primary source of energy in India?
b) Nuclear fuels
c) Petroleum, LPG, diesel and bio-gas
23. The National Literacy Mission was launched in
24. During which Five Year plan was the Mid-day Meals scheme for school children commenced?
a) Seventh plan
b) Eighth Plan
c) Sixth Plan
d) Ninth Plan
25. NCERT was established in
2. West Bengal
4. Bombay to Thane
5. Yelehanka, near Bangalore
13. second largest
15. Northern railway
16. Northern railway
20. Times of India
24. Eighth Plan