Proper Nouns, Common Nouns, Abstract Nouns Worksheet For Class 5
Identify the proper nouns, common nouns and abstract nouns in the following sentences.
A proper noun is the name of a particular person or thing. Examples are: Krishna, Sam, Mary, Salim, India, Malayalam
A common noun is a word denoting a person or thing belonging to a particular group or class. Example: spider, tiger, student, country
An abstract noun refers to a quality or idea that you cannot see or touch. Example: beauty, kindness, honesty, intelligence
1. Honesty is the best policy.
2. The boy was praised for his intelligence.
3. They took six months to publish the book.
4. Sanju has adopted a stray dog.
5. Roopa is the prettiest girl in the class.
6. My grandmother can knit beautiful sweaters.
7. The old man was helped by the kind boys.
8. The children fed the poor puppy.
9. The old woman was famous for her kindness.
10. Raju won the first prize in the quiz competition.
11. I am reading an interesting novel.
12. The child solved the puzzle with great skill.
1. Honesty (abstract) is the best policy (abstract).
2. The boy (common) was praised for his intelligence (abstract).
3. They took six months (common) to publish the book (common).
4. Sanju (proper) has adopted a stray dog (common).
5. Roopa (proper) is the prettiest girl (common) in the class (common).
6. My grandmother (common) can knit beautiful sweaters (common).
7. The old man (common) was helped by the kind boys (common).
8. The children (common) fed the poor puppy (common).
9. The old woman (common) was famous for her kindness (abstract).
10. Raju (proper) won the first prize (common) in the quiz competition (common).
11. I am reading an interesting novel (common).
12. The child (common) solved the puzzle (common) with great skill (abstract).