Kinds of Nouns Worksheet For Classes 4 And 5
Nouns are words naming people, places, things, events, emotions etc. Most nouns have a plural form. These are called countable nouns. Examples are: pen, book, tree, bird, animal, boy, student, class, Monday etc.
Nouns that do not have a plural form are called uncountable nouns. Examples are: bravery, kindness, cleverness, beauty, accommodation etc.
Kinds of nouns worksheet
Identify the nouns in the following sentences and state their kind.
1. The cabinet approved the resolution.
2. Knowledge is power.
3. Helen was a woman of great beauty.
4. New Delhi is the capital of India.
5. Our team performed better than theirs.
6. Wisdom is better than riches.
7. The police dispersed the crowd,
8. The river overflows its banks every year.
9. Jawaharlal Nehru was the first Prime Minister of India.
10. Never tell a lie.
1. The cabinet approved the resolution. (cabinet – collective noun; resolution – abstract noun)
2. Knowledge is power. (knowledge and power – abstract nouns)
3. Helen was a woman of great beauty. (Helen – proper noun; woman – common noun; beauty – abstract noun)
4. New Delhi is the capital of India. (New Delhi and India – proper nouns; capital – common noun)
5. Our team performed better than theirs. (team – collective noun)
6. Wisdom is better than riches. (wisdom – abstract noun; riches – abstract noun)
7. The police dispersed the crowd. (police collective noun; crowd – collective noun)
8. The river overflows its banks every year. (river – common noun; banks – common noun; year – common noun)
9. Jawaharlal Nehru was the first Prime Minister of India. (Jawaharlal Nehru – proper noun; prime minister – common noun; India – proper noun)
10. Never tell a lie. (lie – abstract noun)