Important questions from Class 8 Science Chapter 8 | Cell – Structure and Functions can be found here.
- Who discovered cells and in which year?
a) Robert Brown – 1663
b) Robert Hooke – 1663
c) Robert Hooke – 1665
d) Rudolf Virchow – 1664
- The control unit of the cell is
b) cell wall
d) All of these
- Which of the following is a sac like structure that store food, waste and water?
d) Vacuole (correct)
- Which of the following statements is the correct definition of a cell?
a) The cell is the smallest part of a living being.
b) The cell is the part that can be seen only under a microscope
c) The cell is the structural and functional unit of life
d) The cell is the starting point in the life of all organisms
- Which of the following are the dense thread like structure present in the nucleus?
- The largest cell is of
b) ostrich egg-180mm140mm c) ostrich egg-170mm 130mm
d) hen’s egg
- Unit of inheritance is called
- Living substances of the cell is called
- Several coloured bodies in the cytoplasm of the cells of tradescantia leaf are
- Paramecium is an example of
a) static organisms
b) multicellular organisms
c) unicellular organisms
d) none of the above
- Which of these options are not the characteristic feature of prokaryotic cell?
1) the word prokaryotic means primitive nucleus
2) there is nuclear membrane
3) all organisms other than bacteria and blue green algae are called prokaryotes
4) the cells having nuclear material without nuclear membrane are termed prokaryotic cell
- Name the projections that appear and disappear as Amoeba feeds or moves
d) none of the above
- Name the stain used to stain to stain the cheek cells
c) methylene blue
both b and c
- Expand DNA
a) deoxyribonucleic acid
b) doexyribonuclecleic acid
c) deoxyribonucliec acid
d) deoxiribonucleceic acid
- Which of these is not related to the cell membrane?
a) Cell membrane is known as plasma membrane
b) It does not allow movement of substances
c) Nucleus &cytoplasm are enclosed within the cell membrane
d) It controls the entry and exit of materials from cell
- A group of similar cells combine to form
- Which instrument is most commonly used to observe the cellular organization of living organisms?
c) Compound microscope
- Spot the odd one out from the following structurers present in an animal cell
a) Cell membrane
c) Chloroplast (correct)
- Identify the statement which is true for cells
a) Cells can be easily seen with naked eyes
b) Insect’s egg is not a cell
c) A single cell can perform all the functions in a unicellular organism
d) The size and shape of the cells is uniform in multicellular organisms
- Under a microscope Paheli observes a cell that has a nucleus and it is long and branched, but no cell wall.
a) red blood cell
b) plant cell
c) muscle cell
d) nerve cell
- Robert Hooke – 1665
- The cell is the structural and functional unit of life
- ostrich egg – 170 mm x 130mm
- Unicellular organisms
- 2 & 3 (There is nuclear membrane
& all organisms other than bacteria and blue green algae are called prokaryotes)
- Iodine and Methylene blue
- Deoxyribonucleic acid
- It does not allow movement of substances
- Compound microscope
- A single cell can perform all the functions in a unicellular organism
- nerve cell