Change Affirmative To Negative | Grade 5 Grammar Worksheet
In the simple present tense, we make negatives with do or does. Use do when the subject is a plural noun or pronoun. Use does when the subject is a singular noun or pronoun.
She has a job. (Affirmative) She does not have a job. (Negative) OR She has not got a car.
They have a car. (Affirmative) They do not have a car. (Negative) Or They have not got a car.
Change affirmative to negative
1. He works in a factory.
2. My mother writes short stories.
3. She earns a fat salary.
4. He works three jobs.
5. I feed stray dogs.
6. They live in the hills.
7. He wants to go abroad.
8. She aspires to be a singer.
9. She works hard.
10. My brother is a soldier.
11. She takes care of her younger siblings.
12. He needs to find a job.
13. She has to go.
14. Barking dogs bite.
15. Dogs chase cats.
1. He does not work in a factory. (NOT He does not works…)
2. My mother does not write short stories. (NOT My mother does not writes…)
3. She does not earn a fat salary.
4. He does not work three jobs.
5. I do not feed stray dogs.
6. They do not live in the hills.
7. He does not want to go abroad.
8. She does not aspire to be a singer.
9. She does not work hard.
10. My brother is not a soldier.
11. She does not take care of her younger siblings.
12. He does not need to find a job.
13. She does not have to go.
14. Barking dogs do not bite.
15. Dogs do not chase cats.