NTSE SAT GK Preparation
Here is a collection of questions about India. This question bank is designed for students preparing for NTSE Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
NTSE Preparation | India Facts File 2
1. In India which organization is concerned with the qualitative development of school education?
2. The resolution on ‘National Policy on Education’ was adopted in?
3. During which five year plan was the system of Mid-day meals commenced?
a) 5th Plan
b) 6th Plan
c) 7th Plan
d) 8th Plan
4. ‘Operation Blackboard’ is a scheme launched to improve the quality of
a) Rural education
b) Elementary education
c) Higher education
d) Technical education
5. In India which organization is the apex body for formulating plans and coordinating agricultural research?
6. The National policy on education provides for the opening of residential schools to provide free and quality education for the talented children in the rural arrears. What are these schools called?
b) Navodaya Vidyalayas
c) Kendriya Vidyalayas
d) Board schools
7. When was the National Literacy Mission launched by the Prime Minister?
8. Which commission is concerned with the promotion and co-ordination of University education in India?
9 Which institution conducts advanced research in the humanities, social sciences and natural sciences at the national level?
a) Indian Institute of Technology
b) Indian Institute of Sciences
c) Indian Institute of Advanced Study
10. When was the University Grants Commission set up?
11. Which commission or committee report recommended for the first time the adoption of the 10+2+3 pattern of education?
a) Mumbai University Commission in 1920 -22
b) Calcutta University Commission in 1917 – 1919
c) Madras University Commission in 1920-22
d) None of these
12. When was the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) established by an act of Parliament?
13. When was the first three Universities-Calcutta, Madras and Bombay set up under the British rule?
14. Who is the founder of Aligar Muslim University?
a) Sir Sayyid Ahmmad Khan
b) Abdul Kalam Azad
c) Annie Bessant
d) None of these
15. When was NCERT established?
16. Which council assists and advises the Ministry of Education and Culture in implementing policies and programs in the field of education, particularly school education?
17. Who is the founder of Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan
a) Dr S Radha Krishnan
b) KM Munshi
c) Shanti Swaroop Bhatnagar
d) Annie Bessant
18. National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) was formed in?
19. The Board of High School and Intermediate Education was established in 1929 by a resolution of the Govt. of India. When was it renamed as the Central Board of Secondary Education?
20. Which is the first Indian University for Women?
a) SNDT University
b) Calcutta University
c) Shanti Niketan
d) National Open University
21. There are two Kendriya Vidyalayas outside India. One is at Kathmandu. The other is at
a) New York
22. Open schools are for the propagation of distance education in the country. When was the first open school set up in India by CBSE?
23. When was the National Open School (NOS) set up?
24. Who is the Chancellor of Universities?
a) Governor of the State
b) Chief Minister of the State
c) Chief Justice of the State
d) President of India
25. Which is the education TV channel started by IGNOU in 2000?
b) Edu Channel
3. 8th Plan
4. Elementary education
6. Navodaya Vidyalayas
9. Indian Institute of Advanced Study
11. Calcutta University Commission in 1917 – 1919
14. Sir Sayyid Ahmmad Khan
17. KM Munshi
20. SNDT University
24. Governor of the State