Tenses Worksheet For Class 9 CBSE
Fill in the blanks with the appropriate form of the verb. Each question is followed by four suggested answers. Choose the most appropriate one.
English Grammar Worksheets
1. Hostilities ——————– after the truce.
a) did resumed
b) were resumed
c) was resumed
d) had resumed
2. Has the problem ——————-?
a) been solved
c) being solved
3. The accused —————— the verdict of the jury with anxiety.
b) was awaiting
c) is awaiting
d) have awaited
4. A wide spread outbreak of influenza ——————- in the year 1919.
b) had occurred
d) was occurring
5. He ——————– some of the samples presented to him.
a) was selecting
b) had selected
d) is selecting.
6. I ——————– some photos to be developed.
a) had left
c) was leaving
d) did left
7. It must ——————- to you that he was simply bluffing.
a) have occurred
d) have occur
8. They have all ————
b) been told
c) been telling
d) will be told
9. He —————— much of his spare time with a friend.
c) is spending
d) has spent
10. He was properly —————— by the authorities.
a) dealt with
b) deal with
c) dealt at
d) dealt after
11. He ——————- ill for a weak when his brother came.
b) had been
c) has been
12. We ——————- not hurry, we have got plenty of time.
13. I ——————- visit my parents every Sunday; now I go twice a month.
b) used to
14. Candidates —————— not write their names on the answer-sheets.
15. How ————— you call me a liar?
16. Children ————— to respect their parents.
17. In my youth I —————- exercise everyday.
b) had taken
c) was taking
18. He said that he ——————- from fever for three days.
a) had been suffering
b) was suffering
d) is suffering
19. By this time next year, he —————– the construction of his house.
a) will have completed
b) would complete
c) would have completed
d) should have completed
20. He does not ——————– to go against the wishes of his father.
21. —————— you go to Delhi, do visit my brother there.
22. Work hard lest you —————- fail.
23. If he had not made a mistake, the teacher ——————- punished him.
a) would not have
b) should not have
c) could not have
d) will not have
24. The sailors ——————– to the broken mast, as the ship sank.
b) were clinging
d) was clinging
25. The snake ————— round his hand, but he flung it away.
c) was winding
d) had wound
1. were resumed
2. been solved
7. have occurred
8. been told
10. dealt with
11. had been
13. used to
18. had been suffering
19. will have completed
23. would not have
Tenses Worksheets For Classes 8, 9 And 10
- Present continuous tense exercise for class 9
- Tenses gap filling exercise
- Non-continuous verbs worksheet
- Simple past vs. past continuous tense worksheet for class 9
- Simple past and past continuous tense exercise for class 9
- Tenses exercise for class 8 CBSE
- Tenses exercise for class 8 CBSE | 2
- Simple past vs. present perfect tense worksheet
- Tenses worksheet for classes 9 and 10
- Tenses worksheet for class 10
- Tenses exercise for class 10
- Tenses exercise for class 10 CBSE | 2
Tenses exercise for class 8 CBSE | 3
That was really helpful.
not find that much helpful