NTSE Exam Preparation | Social Studies
If you are preparing for National Talent Search Examination (NTSE), you have to brush up your general knowledge. Here are some expected questions on social studies and economics.
NTSE SAT Preparation | Social Studies Quiz 4
1. Which of the following taxes is a progressive tax?
a) income tax
b) custom tax
c) sales tax
d) excise duty
2. In which year was the policy of population planning adopted by the government of India?
3. Which of the following taxes is/are levied by the Union and collected and appropriated by the states?
a) stamp duties
b) passenger and good tax
c) estate duty
d) taxes on newspapers
4. The terms TRIPS and TRIMS are related to
5. In which year was the new liberalized industrial policy announced in India?
6. During which Five Year Plan was the annual growth rate of National Income the lowest?
a) second plan
b) third plan
c) fifth plan
d) sixth plan
7. Chelliah Committee of 1992 deals with the overhauling of our
a) public sector undertakings
b) financial system
c) tax system
d) patents and copyrights
8. Economic planning is an essential feature of
a) capitalist economy
b) socialist economy
c) mixed economy
d) dual economy
9. Which among the following is an essential characteristic of mixed economy?
a) co-existence of small scale and large scale industries
b) co-existence of private and public sectors
c) assigning equal importance to both agriculture and heavy industries
d) co-existence of the rich and the poor
10. What is the value of goods and services produced in a country within a year called?
a) National income at factor cost
b) net national output
c) net national product at market prices
d) gross national product at market prices
11. Which of the following deals with economic offences?
12. In India, inflation is measured by
a) wholesale price index number
b) consumer price index for urban non-manual workers
c) consumer price index for agricultural workers
d) national income deflation
13. Which of the following programs meets the credit needs of poor women?
a) Mahila Samriddhi Yojna
b) Rashtriya Mahila Kosh
c) Indira Mahila Yojna
d) Mahila Samakhya Programme
14. National income is the
a) Net National Product at Market price
b) Net National product at factor coast
c) net domestic product at market price
d) net domestic product at factor cost
15. Which of the following programs aims at the promotion of savings among rural women?
b) Rashtriya Mahila Kosh
c) Mahila Samriddhi Yojna
d) Indira Mahila Yojna
e) Javhar Rozgar Yojna
1. income tax
3. stamp duties
6. Third Plan
7. tax system
8. socialist economy
9. co-existence of private and public sectors
10. gross national product at market prices
12. National Income deflation
13. Rashtriya Mahila Kosh
14. net domestic product at market price
15. Mahila Samriddhi Yojna