Identify The Type Of Sentence | CBSE Class 3 English Grammar Worksheets
There are mainly four types of sentences in English. They are:
- Declarative sentence
- Interrogative sentence
- Exclamatory sentence
- Imperative sentence
A declarative sentence is a statement that tells us something. Declarative sentences always end with a full stop.
- There is a spider on the roof.
- It is snowing.
- We are waiting for the train.
An interrogative sentence asks a question. Interrogative sentences always end with a question mark.
- Where do they live?
- How will we solve this problem?
- Who are you?
An exclamatory sentence shows strong feelings or excitement. Exclamatory sentences always end with an exclamation mark.
- What a great surprise!
- How beautiful!
An imperative sentence gives an order or a command. Imperative sentences can also make requests. They end in full stops.
- Have mercy on us.
- Sit down.
- Hurry up.
Class 3 English grammar worksheets
Read the following sentences and state whether they are declarative, imperative, interrogative or exclamatory.
1. Why are you late?
2. Suman has not arrived yet.
3. We have received the parcel.
4. What a splendid performance!
5. My father bakes delicious cakes.
6. She started teaching at the age of nineteen.
7. I could not solve the puzzle.
8. Who broke the window?
9. Where have you been all this while?
10. Put it there.
11. Stop talking.
12. Alas! We have lost our way!
1. Why are you late? (Interrogative)
2. Suman has not arrived yet. (Declarative)
3. We have received the parcel. (Declarative)
4. What a splendid performance! (Exclamatory)
5. My father bakes delicious cakes. (Declarative)
6. She started teaching at the age of nineteen. (Declarative)
7. I could not solve the puzzle. (Declarative)
8. Who broke the window? (Interrogative)
9. Where have you been all this while? (Interrogative)
10. Put it there. (Imperative)
11. Stop talking. (Imperative)
12. Alas! We have lost our way! (Exclamatory)