NTSE Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) Preparation | Social Studies
Here is a collection of 25 multiple choice expected questions on economics and social studies for NTSE aspirants.
NTSE SAT Social Studies Quiz 8
1. The aim of which Five Year Plan was to correct the disequilibrium in the economy?
a) First Five year plan
b) Second Five year plan
c) Third Five year plan
d) Fourth five year plan
2. Which of the following is the Central bank of India?
a) State Bank of India
b) Reserve bank of India
c) Imperial Bank of India
d) Punjab National bank
3. The Reserve Bank of India came into existence on
a) April 1, 1936
b) January 26, 1894
c) August 15, 1947
d) April 1, 1947
4. Which of the following was the first Indian bank?
a) Bank of Baroda
b) Bank of Hindustan
c) Punjab National Bank
d) State Bank of India
5. In which of the following years was power development initiated in India?
6. How many banks were nationalized in 1969?
7. Who was the Prime Minister of India when nationalization of banks took place in 1969?
a) Indira Gandhi
b) Jawaharlal Nehru
c) Lal Bahadur Shastri
d) Morarji Desai
8. At which of the following places was the first hydroelectric power station commissioned?
9. Garland canal project envisages the conservation of water resources in the country through the construction of
d) none of these
10. The largest percentage of bonded labour in India belongs to
a) scheduled castes
b) scheduled tribes
c) other backward classes
d) none of these
11. In which of the following year was the mining of coal started in India?
12. Which of the following is India’s biggest dam?
a) Bhakra Nangal
d) Pong Dam
13. On which river is the Pong Dam hydro electric power project built?
14. In India which crop is sown on the largest area?
15. Bakra Nangal is a joint project of Haryana, Punjab and Rajasthan. On which river is this built?
16. On which river is the Hirakud dam built?
17. On which river is the Tehri dam built?
18. Which Indian state leads in the production of rubber?
a) Tamil Nadu
19. Which Indian state tops in the production of gypsum?
20. Into how many PIN code zones is India divided?
21. Which state has the highest percentage of people living below the poverty line?
a) Uttar Pradesh
d) Madhya Pradesh
22. Which of the following is the most populous city in India?
23. Which Indian state has the lowest percentage of people living below the poverty line?
24. Which Indian state has the highest per capita income?
c) Uttar Pradesh
25. Which Indian state stands first in the production of coffee?
1. First Five year plan
2. Reserve bank of India
3. April 1, 1936
4. Bank of Hindustan
7. Indira Gandhi
10. scheduled tribes
12. Bhakra Nangal