NTSE Preparation | SAT | Social Studies
The paper on general knowledge or general awareness or general studies is an integral part of most competitive exams including NTSE, MBA, bank, UPSC and SSC. The general knowledge paper has an extensive coverage of subjects. It covers topics like everyday science, history, geography, polity, economics, current affairs, and so on.
This section gives a collection of expected questions on Social Studies. Answers are given at the end. We are constantly adding new questions to our database. So, please bookmark this page.
NTSE Preparation (Social Studies) | Quiz 2
1. In terms of geographical area India occupies what position in the world?
2. India does not share its boundary with which of the following countries?
3. Agriculture employs almost what percent of the Indian population?
4. Which one of the following is a Kharif crop?
5. Which one of the following is a rabi crop?
6. Who is known as the ‘Father of White Revolution’?
a) V Kurien
b) MS Swaminathan
c) JP Narayan
d) Baba Amte
7. Who was the chief architect of Green Revolution that significantly improved the agricultural yield in the country?
a) MS Swaminathan
b) VR Krisha Aiyyar
c) V Kurien
d) Jawaharlal Nehru
8. The Chota Nagpur Plateau famous for its mineral deposits is in
a) Uttar Pradesh
c) Madhya Pradesh
9. The Mumbai Stock Exchange was set up in
10. What does the term NSDL stands for?
a) National Securities Development Limited
b) National Securities Depository Limited
c) National Safety Development Limited
d) Natural Safety Deployment Limited
6. V Kurien
7. MS Swaminathan
10. National Securities Depository Limited